Since the beginning of time, there has always been a need to protect your loved ones and belongings, from outside threat.
In our modern world, this is more important than ever! We now have laptops, phones, jewellery and other important belongings, often with significant price tags, irreplaceable data and/or high sentimental value.
Few of us work at home and most of us are absent for long and predictable periods. Our home’s are left unattended and unprotected.
An alarm system is therefore your first line of defence to detect and deter unauthorised intrusions of your home.
By using modern modern communication technology can be alerted almost instantly of a perimeter breach, allowing you or a monitored service to take swift and decisive action.
At Iview Scecurity we install quality alarms systems Sydney wide!
How does it work?
Alarm systems can be as simple, or as elaborate as you want.
A simple home alarm system consists of:
- A panel and keypad,
- Motion sensors,
- Siren, and
- A strobe alert-light on your building’s front.
A more comprehensive approach might include:
- Reed switches on your doors and windows,
- The ability to arm selected sections of your home, even when you or your loved ones are in the home,
- Remote arming and disarming via your smartphone, and
- Critical-Incident-Connectivity: if your alarm is tripped, our server automatically responds as pre-arranged with you, providing push notifications, SMS alerts, emails and/or phone calls.
Our consultants will help you design a best-fit system for your unique needs because effective and efficient system design is critical to ensuring your system actually does what you want it to do.
Poorly designed alarms systems trigger false alarms, causing stress, anxiety, disruption and extra cost. Well designed systems however, grant you seamless peace-of-mind while protecting your loved ones, assets, memories and neighbourhood relations.
A correctly operating system fosters trust. When an alarm is triggered, you know an actual breach has very-likely occurred. And so do your neighbours!
The Components of Your Home Alarm System
Core Alarm System Components:
The brains of the system are housed in the main-board (or panel). A back-up battery kicks in if power is cut and typically lasts up to 24 hours.
Our peripheral components are easy to use and stress-free.
We offer a 5 inch colour touchscreen as standard. These attractive keypads are stylish and easy to use, and give the user smartphone like power over their alarm system.
Sirens and Strobes
External sirens are 120db, low pitch and designed to alert neighbours and passers by. Internal sirens however are higher pitched, making it extremely uncomfortable for anyone to remain in your home or in the immediate vicinity.
Your home alarm system is ethernet enabled. This means that:
- You can arm and disarm the system via your smartphone.
- Your system’s integrity is much more secure than remote controls.
- You can arm your buildings perimeter only from your phone (no scanners or other technology gateways).
- You can get push, email and SMS notifications using our cloud-based Critical-Incident-Connectivity System.
Connectivity to our cloud service also means all alarm events are logged to our cloud server, are viewable in real-time over the internet (i.e. live) and customised alerts can even be requested if a particular user arms or disarms the system.
A simpler home alarm system may use motion sensors to detect moving bodies of heat within a room.
The upside to motion sensors is that (1) sensor can typically cover an entire room. The downside is someone must usually to take a step or two into a room before the alarm is triggered.
Door and Window Contacts (Reed Switches)
Reed switches have significant advantages:
- They help provide immediate perimeter detection, and
- Allow you to stay within an armed area, without tripping the alarm.
Reed switches are a two(2) part device that is secured to your door or window. They are triggered when the window or door is opened by as little as 2cm, making it likely that the offender will abort the break in immediately.
Also, and this is a significant feature now-a-days, because reed switches detect movement of a window and/or door, you can stay within the protected area without tripping the system.
What’s Best For Me?
The home alarm system that suits you best will vary with your priorities.
If you feel that you and your family would prefer to stay within an armed detection area, for example, while you are all asleep, then door and window contacts would suit your needs.
If however, your key concern is what happens when you are away from home, then motion detectors alone may suit your needs.
Our consultants will design a specific solution to meet your needs and address your particular concerns.
So what happens next?
Submit an enquiry or give us a call.
We’ll contact you to discuss what options suit you best.
- We’ll arrange a consultant to visit you, work with you to design your system and provide a proposal same-day and onsite.
- When you’re ready to go, our professional installers will visit to fit and further explain your alarm system.
- AND … ongoing support is available for the life of your system!